Monday, July 7, 2014

Liv Olteana ~ Guest Post ~ Some Like It Hot...and wow, bring a fan:)






Some Like It Hot
  
I’m a Hot Romance addict – there, I’ve said it!
As a reader, I get terribly frustrated when the romantic tension is well built, and then when it’s time for the fireworks, someone closes the lights and leaves me hanging. I mean, come ooon! I was there for the tension, for the tough part, and now that we’re getting to the good stuff you kick me out? Come ooon!

I realize some readers don’t want to witness the really personal part, the intimate part. To me, that part is irrevocably a part of the romance itself. I mean, there’s SO much more to it then just people sleeping together! We’re talking about non-verbal communication, how they get in sync, the way they react to each other, how their senses get involved and react to the experience, how their dynamics evolve and change and how their feelings react to those changes… So much good stuff is related to their one-on-one time, it’s just not fair to keep me blind about it after I’ve been reading the book and I’m emotionally invested in them getting their happy ending, right?

To me, taking the hot stuff out is like doing an action movie, setting up the characters, the issues, the goals, then doing a fade-out and coming back in with a “and they got it done.” Ta-daaaam, end of movie! Where’s the meat of it, where’s the fun part, the struggle, the intensity? Where’s the good stuff, lol?

But maybe that’s just me… how do you feel about the Hot Stuff?





Sandstorm Heart
Space Files R
Book 2
Liv Olteano

Genre: M/M Space Opera Erotic Romance / Erotica BDSM elements

Length: novella – approx. 30k words

Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Released: September 18th 2013

Book Description:

Ron Vid is a Celian soldier with some personal demons.

Hoping for respite, he deserts his squad and leaves his planet. Working as a mercenary on Asai, planet of sand and wind, he has a reprieve, until the Haffa named Zaoh joins the mercenaries. Celians and Haffas have a history of strife, but when Ron and Zaoh are paired on a mission, their chemistry crackles.

After they fight together for survival, it’s clear Zaoh wants Ron. Zaoh can be a fierce and dominant lover, but Ron’s secrets, and his fear that the Haffa might uncover them, could keep Zaoh from getting his man.

Add it to Your Goodreads Shelf

Purchase at: Dreamspinner Press   Amazon    BN   ARe 




  
About the Author:

Liv Olteano is a voracious reader, music lover, and coffee addict extraordinaire. And occasional geek. Okay, more than occasional.

She believes stories are the best kind of magic there is. And life would be horrible without magic. Her hobbies include losing herself in the minds and souls of characters, giving up countless nights of sleep to get to know said characters, and trying to introduce them to the world. Sometimes they appreciate her efforts. The process would probably go quicker if they’d bring her a cup of coffee now and then when stopping by. Characters—what can you do, right?

Liv has a penchant for quirky stories and is a reverent lover of diversity. She can be found loitering around the Internet at odd hours and being generally awkward and goofy at all times.






SPECIAL NOTE: If you like this post, please consider spreading and sharing through your favorite social network J  



2 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Liv and welcome to my place: )

I'm with you as far as being a hot romance geek (or maybe in my case, Freak) LOL Great guest post - thanks so much for sharing it here.

Looking forward to a great week together: )

Kim Kimbrough said...

Agreed about the Hot Stuff. :) Which to me is the meat of the story and like you the storyline is lacking without. I look forward to read something by this author. Sounds intriguing adding to my TBR.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...